- Open Firefox browser
- Confirm that you are using Firefox version 31 or higher. You can use the website http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ to determine what firefox version you are using.
- If you are currently using a firefox browser older then version 31, please download the new version of firefox before you continue with the browser reset process. You can download a new version of firefox at: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/new/?scene=2#download-fx
If you are using Firefox Version 31 or higher, please continue with the steps below to reset your browser
- Click on History Menu on the menu bar, or for newer versions of firefox, click the menu button icon
- Click on Clear Recent History menu item, or for newer versions Click the Options / Preferences icon
- On the “Time Range to Clear” Drop-down menu and select the Everything option
- Check all of the following (ALL CHECKBOXES BELOW MUST BE CHECKED/SELECTED):
- Browsing & Download History
- Form & Search History
- Active Logins
- Offline Website Data (note this maybe unchecked by default, but MUST be checked to properly clear old cached web content)
- Site Preferences (note this maybe unchecked by default, but MUST be checked to properly clear old cached web content)
5. Click the “Clear Now” button. This process may take some time depending on how much web cached content is stored on the machine currently.
6. Once finished Close Browser
7. Reboot/Restart your machine