Officers and Advisors

SEDS Officers Spring 2016

Officers

President: Cody Draeger
Bio: Growing up I always had a fascination with space, looking up into the sky at night seemed to display the endless plethora of ventures we can explore in the heavens. Eventually in high school I studied the subject event further and learned about how the future is closely becoming reality. Because of the opportunities I decided to study aerospace operations at metro. At this moment I am a senior at MSU Denver and excited to be a part of the excellent opportunity SEDS gives mirrored with what Colorado’s industry has to offer. Outside of studying aerospace I also pursue my passion in history by double majoring in that degree. Also outside of school I like to take full advantage of Colorado’s great outdoors. Through being part of SEDS I hope to be part of a group of like minded people hoping to advocate and learn more about this amazing industry. 

Contact: cdraeger@msudenver.edu

starlaVice President: Starla Villa
Bio: When I was 16 I received an anonymous invitation (aka….Destiny) to become a member of Lockheed Martin’s Engineering Explorers. There I learned about different aspects of Aerospace, Rocket Science and Astronauts. From that point, it became my life long goal to be in space. In 2007, I enlisted into the US Navy and began a career in Aviation Structural Mechanics. There I gained knowledge in hydraulic structures. After my term was over I joined the Air National Guard where I also learned fabrication which helped me gain a more broad understanding of metals and schematics. I am now a freshman at Metropolitan State University of Denver. My degree will be in Aerospace Technology with a minor of Space Commercialization. With the help of SEDS I will help to habitat space and expand the exploration of other worlds.
Contact: sricha53@msudenver.edu

Treasurer: Michelle Plarina
Bio: I am a MET major at MSU Denver. I love comedy and cartoons and try to never miss any. Most people like to tell me that I’m a bit of a joker. I usually just put it down to being a Canadian and that is in our blood. I believe that the stars are our rightful place. We belong dancing with them and everything I am doing with myself right now has the end goal of helping to push us into that vast unknown that is the cosmos. It’s dangerous, but it’s where we need to be. “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” -Carl Sagan
Contact: micher@rescuityonline.com

Secretary
:  Position currently open. (Please email the club president cdraeger@msudenver.edu if interested) 

Auxiliary Positions

National Representative: Position currently open.

Art/Advertising DirectorPosition currently open.

Events DirectorPosition currently open.

WebmasterPosition currently open.

Advisors

Dr. Jeffrey Forrest
Professor Jose Lόpez

Interested in becoming a SEDS officer? please click here