Description: As SEDS MSU Denver President your goals is to keep the chapter heading towards its goals as defined by officers and members at the beginning of every year. As the chapter President you are responsible for providing leadership and direction to the officers and members of the chapter, gathering information on what members are looking for in the club, and maintaining club appearances, meetings, and information to the appropriate parties (AHEC, Student Activities, AVS Department)
1. Developing and Managing Chapter forms
2. Chapter Renewal with SEDS-USA
3. Developing relationships with outside businesses/organizations
4. Maintaining communications with other Colorado SEDS chapters
5. Attending the SEDS-USA Council of Chapter (COC) monthly meetings if the National Representative cannot attend.
6. Responsible for contacting SEDS-National officers/ board members with questions regarding SEDS operations
7. Presiding over SEDS meetings (General and Officer)
8. Increase SEDS outreach by giving presentations
9. Approves SEDS chapter media/advertising
Description: The Vice-President of SEDS MSU Denver must be an individual with a capacity to multitask, adapt, and provide creative solutions to SEDS MSU Denver chapter development. Mainly this position is primarily responsible for membership development and SEDS project oversight. However this person may need to pick up presidential responsibilities when needed.
1. Helps develop club yearly vision and goals by creation of surveys/polls to help identify what SEDS chapter members are looking for in the club
2. Responsible for recruitment development i.e. development of tabling activates, obtaining handouts from the Art/Advertising Director, creation of presentations and Intra-Club activities
3. Reach out to outside organizations for a variety of club support reasons (Tours, Events, Fundraising, Sponsorship, Educational Outreach, Membership, New Chapter Creations, etc.)
4. May need to attend COC meetings if both National Representative and President cannot
5. Help facilitate General SEDS Meetings and SEDS Officer Meetings; therefore must be in continual communications with President and help forge meeting agendas
6. Files forms to obtain SEDS gear/handouts through OrgSync
7. Maintains contact with Project Leads and provides reports to SEDS officers during Officer Meetings or as necessary
Description: The MSU Denver SEDS Treasurer position is for anyone who wants to increase their experience with money handling, Chapter-to-Business (C2B) communications, Fundraising, Funding Strategy Development, Accounting, and Obtaining Sponsor’s for the chapter. As a Non-Profit organization we at SEDS MSU Denver are looking for new minds to help us fund the cool projects and events we want to host on the Auraria Campus for the whole community or just members.
1. Gathering, Tracking, Depositing, and Conforming membership Dues
2. Brainstorming with other SEDS MSU Denver Officers how we can make money and what we should spend it on
3. Contact potential sponsors and funders
4. Approve club spending and file club spending reports/bills/receipts on OrgSync
5. Keep track of club budget and inform other officers if issue’s occur
6. Fill out forms on OrgSync requesting funding/ supplies for recruitment, officer goods, events, etc.
Description: The MSU Denver Secretary needs to have a knack for writing/typing up documents in a clear/concise manner and organizing them for quick easy access. They are responsible for communications documentation and must be cc’d to all club email communications, if communications are by paper then these notes need to be turned into the Secretary for typing or typed/scanned by the responsible party and emailed to the SEDS Secretary.
1. Will be an Admin on the SEDS Email Account
a. Will add new member’s contact information
b. Will update contact groups
2. Documentation of communications via OrgSync
3. Chapter communications – Intra and Extra (Chapter-to-Business (C2B), National-to-Chapter (N2C), Chapter-to-Chapter (C2C), Chapter-to-Member (C2M)) emails and texts
4. Creation of Polls/Surveys
5. Will attend an Officer OrgSync Training, and be responsible for updating the OrgSync Page (can get help from the Webmaster if needed)
6. Updating Webmaster of content that needs to be posted on SEDS MSUDenver Sites (Facebook, Sites.msudenver.edu/SEDS, Twitter, other online media)
7. Will attend SEDS General and Officer Meetings and record them (Video, Audio, and Document; agenda), and will later document these for officers/members to view later
SEDS Auxiliary Positions
Description: The SEDS Webmaster must be knowledgeable with WordPress webpage development and OrgSync (which they will attend training for if they haven’t already). The Webmaster is responsible for updating the main SEDS MSU Denver website. The main goals of the Webmaster is to keep members of SEDS MSU Denver informed with what is going on in the club and what is going on in Space News.
1. Maintain the Sites.MSUDenver.edu/SEDS homepage and keep it relevant, making sure that the calendar is updated weekly
2. Keep in contact with the secretary so they may receive the information that needs to be posted
3. Perform page re-design as needed
4. Apply permission to officer/auxiliary/leads/members so that they can manipulate the website to their needed/allowed limits
5. Keep up with popular media and provide suggestions on how SEDS MSU Denver can better use these methods to gain members and audience.
6. Post to Facebook, Google +, and Twitter pages
Position: Director of Marketing
Description: The Director of Marketing is in charge marketing SEDS MSU Denver to the community and possible members. This position requires artistic, visual design, graphic design, and communication design talents. This individual will provide the image of SEDS to the community as they produce flyers, Design our club poster board, and create the handouts/presentations we display on tables or at events. They are also responsible for the SEDS MSU Denver Facebook and Twitter as well as other media sites that may be used in the future.
1. Updates and edit SEDS MSUDenver logo(s)
2. Create SEDS flyers and handouts as requested
3. Submit Documents to Officer Board for approval
4. Developed list of needed supplies w/costs for projects Such as SEDS Post Board + event Displays
5. Create groups to compete projects as needed
6. Design and revise SEDS media- Poster board, Slides, PowerPoint, video, etc.
7. Provide Aerospace Department with updated slides for AES TV’s
8. Capture pictures, videos, info , etc. that will help create SEDS Media
Position: Director of Events
Description: As Director of Evnets for SEDS MSUDenver you will be responsible for the coordination of SEDS MSUDenver events. This includes forming an events team that can help get supplies and facilities together as well as “man” the event(s). If members have events that they want to see the Events Coordinator will discuss the possible event at SEDS General Meetings and/or Officer Meetings to make sure the event is supported by the club as a whole. SEDS Events must be facilitated by at least two (2) SEDS officers. The SEDS Event Coordinator also must be good at communicating with businesses and peers.
1. Create an “Events team” to organize and facilitate SEDS MSUDenver Events
2. Plan SEDS MSUDenver Events with other SEDS Officers
3. Contact businesses for sponsorship/support of events
4. Keep in communications with AHEC to obtain facilities/equipment for events
5. Understand MSUDenver/AHEC rules on Catering/Sales/Fundraising/Events
6. Fill out Forms on OrgSync pertaining to Events Funding, Equipment and Operations
7. Discuss the costs of the event with both the President and Treasurer.
Position: Director of Public Outreach
Description: As the Director of Public Outreach for SEDS MSUDenver you will attend the SEDS USA Council of Chapter Meeting (monthly) and update the SEDS body of what we are doing at SEDS MSUDenver, discuss with them any problems we are having as a chapter, and provide any guidance that we can to other chapters that need assistance. Additionally you will be responsible for keeping other SEDS MSU Denver officers and members informed of what SEDS USA or other chapters are doing.
1. Attends Council of Chapter (COC) Meetings- these are meetings held by SEDS USA that allow chapter-to-chapter communications
2. Keep COC/SEDS USA in the loop of what SEDS MSUDenver is doing (events, recruitment, etc.)
3. Ask SEDS USA questions regarding SEDS MSUDenver needs/direction
4. Keep SEDS MSUDenver Officers and Members informed of anything that SEDS USA, or other chapters, are working on, open SEDS USA positions, and any other information determined relevant/important
5. Attend COC outings/trips and connect with other Chapter COC representatives in a professional manner
6. Present any SEDS MSUDenver Documents that need SEDS-USA review to the national chapter
Position: Director of Projects (in work)
Position: Director of Recruitment (in work)