A sentiment for the end of semester!

This semester, Fall 2020, unlike any, has been immensely taxing – physically and mentally! Long hours into the night with multitude of hours during the day glued to my computer screens! A goal this semester was to take time for myself, slow down, and reflect. Time for reflection was difficult to come by, but I used every little bit I had to reflect and work on things/skills I wanted to improve.

What truly kept me going was stories of resilience – resilience of my students, my colleagues, and people who I have never met or did not know about! “We keep doing the best we can and that’s all we can do” was the message I kept sharing with my students and they shared with me many many stories of grief, loss, illness, and adversity that propelled them to do “somehow” complete this semester successfully!

I have also noticed that “nothing really stops” for COVID – nothing does! While the virus continues to thrive, we have to survive parallelly in strength and solidarity!

Grateful to be wrapping up this semester and wishing all my students the best in 2021!