A. INTRODUCTION TO THE HUMAN BODY
1. Define anatomy, gross anatomy, and physiology.
2. List the 6 levels of structural organization of the human body and give an example of each.
3. Describe anatomical position.
4. Define the following directional terms: Medial, lateral, proximal, distal, anterior, posterior, superior, inferior, external, internal, superficial, deep, ventral, dorsal, cranial, caudal, ipsilateral, and contralateral.
5. Define the following planes: Transverse (cross), sagittal, mid-sagittal, and frontal.
6. Name and describe the location of the major body cavities. Briefly describe their contents.
7. Define and give an example of homeostasis.
8. Explain the nature of negative and positive feedback loops and how they help to contribute to homeostasis.