B. MALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
1. Describe the function of the scrotum.
2. Name the male gonad.
3. Describe the function of the cremaster muscle.
4. Describe the location and function of the following testicular structures: Tunica albuginea, seminiferous tubules, straight tubules, rete testis, interstitial cells.
5. Describe spermatogenesis and the hormones involved.
6. Diagram and label a mature spermatozoan.
7. Describe signs of puberty in the male.
8. Describe the glands (or cells) that make the following hormones; and describe their functions: Testosterone, GnRH, FSH, LH [=ICSH], and Inhibin.
9. Describe the 3 parts of the epididymis and its the general function.
10. Name the passageway through the abdominal wall that the spermatic cord runs through.
11. Name the structures found in the spermatic cord.
12. Trace the path of sperm from the testes to the urethral orifice during ejaculation.
13. Name the structure that serves as a passageway for both urine and sperm.
14. List the 3 subdivisions of the male urethra.
15. Name the male accessory sex glands and describe their functions.
16. Name the erectile tissue of the penis. Which contains the urethra?
17. Name the membrane covering the glans penis.
18. Describe the physiologic mechanisms of an erection.
19. Describe the male orgasm (emission and ejaculation).
20. Describe the contents of semen. About how much is in a normal ejaculate? How many spermatozoa in a normal ejaculate?