SPECIFIC (MEASURABLE) STUDENT BEHAVIORAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- To learn the skills necessary to understanding and being an asset to the operations of a medical department in a hospital.
- To understand the various roles of the practitioners in a hospital department.
- To learn protocol for patient safety, cleanliness and privacy in a hospital department.
- To learn to interact appropriately with patients and medical practitioners.
- To be able to observe something and then learn to research the topic in more detail.
- To gain insights that will clarify career goals.
- Volunteer duties as assigned by the hospital
- Observation of the activities in a hospital department
- Opportunity to ask questions of medical practitioners as conditions permit
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING & FEEDBACK WILL THE INTERN RECEIVE?
1. Two-hour orientation session
2. Volunteer training as needed for the department
WHAT SKILLS WILL THE INTERN DEVELOP?
- Understanding of a hospital environment, protocols of safety, cleanliness and privacy.
- Ability to observe and assist medical practitioners.
- Development of active listening skills with hospital personnel and patients.
WHAT MACHINERY, EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE WILL THE INTERN LEARN TO USE?
To be determined
HOW ARE YOU SAFEGUARDING YOUR EMPLOYEES DURING THE COVID19 PANDEMIC?
Vaccination clinics are available to student volunteers. The internship will be suspended if the pandemic conditions dictate that no volunteers are allowed in the hospital.