MedVantage Internship at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
SPECIFIC (MEASURABLE) STUDENT BEHAVIORAL LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- To learn the skills necessary to understanding and being an asset to the operations of a medical department in a hospital.
- To understand the various roles of the practitioners in a hospital department.
- To learn protocol for patient safety, cleanliness and privacy in a hospital department.
- To learn to interact appropriately with patients and medical practitioners.
- To be able to observe something and then learn to research the topic in more detail.
- To gain insights that will clarify career goals.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Volunteer duties as assigned by the hospital
- Observation of the activities in a hospital department
- Opportunity to ask questions of medical practitioners as conditions permit
- Other duties as assigned
Specific competencies/skills/knowledge to be developed on this job:
- Understanding of a hospital environment, protocols of safety, cleanliness and privacy.
- Ability to observe and assist medical practitioners.
Formal or on-the-job training:
Volunteer training as needed for the department
Machinery/lab equipment/written material to be used on the job: