C. LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
1. List the main components of the lymphatic system.
2. Describe the function of the above components.
3. Define lymph.
4. Describe the general path of lymph from tissue fluid to the main ducts.
5. The thoracic duct collects lymph from what parts of the body, and empties into what vein?
6. The right lymphatic duct collects lymph from what parts of the body, and empties into what vein?
7. List the 3 tonsils. Which ones are most commonly removed surgically?
8. Describe the location and function of the thymus gland and the spleen.
9. Describe the purpose and location of lymph nodes.