C. FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
1. Name the female gonad.
2. Describe the supporting structures of the ovary.
3. Describe oogenesis.
4. Define a follicle and a corpus luteum.
5. Describe follicular development.
6. Define ovulation and explain when it occurs during the monthly cycle.
7. Name the structure that “catches” the egg upon ovulation.
8. Name the structure that transports the ova from ovaries to uterus.
9. Name the thin sheet-like ligament suspending the uterus to the pelvic wall.
10. Describe the location of the cervix.
11. Name the 3 layers of the uterine wall.
12. Describe the function and gland (cells) that make the following female hormones: GnRH, FSH, LH, Estrogen, and Progesterone.
13. Describe the physical and hormonal changes that affect the uterus during the menstrual cycle.
14. Describe the cause of menopause. Define menarche.
15. Describe the location of the fornix and hymen.
16. Describe the parts of the vulva or external female genitalia.
17. The mammary gland is located over what muscle?
18. Describe the anatomy and function of the mammary gland.
19. Define lactation.
20. Describe the neural and hormonal pathways of milk production and let-down.
21. Describe the female’s sexual responses to stimulation.